Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenges

"Face up to fear, challenges are huge blessings" --Dove Chocolate Wrapper

So.......

Life has been not so great latley, I am going through a rough patch in my life.. was not even going to talk about it on here but I am in need to vent and get it all out, plus I don't think alot of people actually read my blog so why not? I am not going to post this on facebook and tell the world, I just needed to get it all out on help explain whats going on to loved ones not over text..

So.... its a way long, complicated story so get ready! Ok so I have had a wierd thing going on with me for about 3 years now but had no idea anything was really wrong with me until about 3 months ago.. It turns out I have been having a form of a seizure called an absence siezure. It is not the on the ground, shaking, totally out type of seizure you are thinking about, this is where I just black out and loose consciousness for about 30 seconds with my head down, if I am standing up at the time I never actually fall down, I just put my head down and look at the floor and am non responsive for about 30 seconds, then I have a hard time speaking for about 2 mins after like I stutter over my own words, but then after that I am totally fine for the rest of the day. It is so wierd, I had no idea what I look like and what happens to me when I do it. It has always happened to me when I am alone until recently.  My sister Karisa saw me have one at Target back in October and she told me that it definatley was not normal and I needed to get it checked out... so she told my mom and  my mom made me a Dr. Apointment. I only have insurance in Utah because I am still on my parents insurance and their insurance is not covered in Cali so I had to do everything while I was in Utah for the holidays. So my trip to Utah was bitter sweet. While I was in Utah I had to have an EEG and MRI tests to test the brain activity in my brain and look for other issues. We still dont have the results back from my EEG, however we do have the results from the MRI back and it turns out they found a small anerysum on my brain... yup exciting right?! UGG! what the heck does that mean right? Well I have no idea? but I do know that it is small so thats good and the location of it is not that serious so that is good as well.. they do want to run more tests on me though so I will be back to Utah at the end of January to do more testing, once again bitter sweet.We still don't have the results back from the EEG though so that maybe a whole nother issue and story..

I am normal, I feel normal, I feel fine, I just have wierd things that happen to me every 2 or 3 months that last about 30 seconds thats all. I have lived a normal life like this for 3 years now and I have been fine.  I don't think its a big deal, but yet again I am probably living in denail. I have no idea what the future holds for me and what they are going to do about any of this, however I do know that with the lord anything is possible. After the trials and tribulations come the blessings, this too shall pass... I tell myself those things everyday and pray and search my scriptures everyday for comfort. I know I will get through this and everything will be ok, I guess if your reading this just say an extra prayer for me, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh Jentrie you crack me up...did you mean to say, "this too shall pass"? Haha. I hope that everything goes well with your new tests and also your EEG. I will for sure pray for you!

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Jentrie, I'm so sorry. :( That is no fun!! I hope you feel better and your tests go well! I mentioned your blog in my latest post. :) Check it out! gentrilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete