Monday, February 7, 2011

It Changes Everyday...

Ok so litterally everything in my life is crazy right now.. and everyday the updates change for what they want to do about my anerysum. I guess my anerysum is very rare because of the location of the anerysum on my brain. It is litterally barried in the very back of my brain pretty deep, which means alot of the normal procedures that are out there to fix it are not the best for me and they have alot of risks due to the location of my anerysum... so it turns out they are not able to do the coiling procedure because of it...

However, they have to do something about it.. I want them to do something about it... It such a huge blessing that we even found the anerysum so we could fix it and do something about it... so many people have undiagnosed brain anerysums that rupture without warning that possibly lead to death.. so its AMAZING that we found it so that DOES NOT HAPPEN!! Therefore, we are going to take care of this! Luckily there is a brand new procedure especially for un-operable anerysums and rare cases which is what mine is it is called Pipelining: read this for an explanation of what the procedure is. http://www.mir.wustl.edu/graphics/assets/media/FocalSpotWinter2009/pipeline_FS_winter_2009_2010.pdf

It has a 93% success rate and is supposed to be a pretty easy procedure which is great! However, there is a catch... there is always a catch! It is not approved my the FDA in the United States yet, its a procedure that has only been around since 2007, so it only aproved in Europe so far!!! What the?? But no worries I guess they will be able to do it in Salt Lake, however the catch is my insurance wont cover it fully... ehhh feel so bad for my parents...Anywho we don't even know if they can do this procedure yet.. I have another appointment on the 18th of this month with a Europeon Dr. in Utah to see if he can preform it on me... cross your fingers!!

Long story short... I am moving back to Utah next week to take care of all of this.. It is just such a mess to keep flying back and forth and for me to keep taking a week off of work here in Cali to do that, plus I have no idea how long it will take to recover from the procedure and how intense it will be..I just need my parents right now, having their love and support has made this 10 times easier and I just need to be with them right now. I am going to miss Cali so much! it was almost 80 degrees outside today and its February it anybody loves that its me!!

Plus of course I am going to miss connections I have made here and my amazing sister Karisa, her husband Scott, and adorable niece Zoe, they are so great! Bitter sweet this whole expericence is! I will be ok this is a blessing in disguise and it will all work out I know it!!

3 comments:

  1. You will need to keep blogging to keep me in the loop since I wont see you everyday now. :(

    Love you so much!


    XOXO


    PS - You are welcome back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly bitter sweet! Sweet because you will be home but the rest is bitter. I am sorry Jentrie, this whole thing is SCARY SCARY. I have been worried about you so hang in there my dear friend.

    Love Kevy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Jentrie, I had no idea this was going on! I'm SO sorry! I'm glad you're coming back here to get help and to be with your parents but I know how much you love CA so I totally understand how hard this must be for you. Just remember how many people love you and want you to be okay. And please let me know if I can do anything for you. I'd love to see you when you're here... maybe take you to get a cupcake or something? I love you Jentrie! Keep smiling and being that amazing ray of sunshine that we all love.

    ReplyDelete